Saturday, June 18, 2005
To hide, or not to hide...
apparently doesn't apply to posts critical of Israel, howsoever inaccurate or misleading.
- Discrimination : posts using language, imagery, or other forms of communication promoting racism, fascism, xenophobia, sexism, homophobia or any other form of discrimination.
- Inaccurate : posts that are inaccurate or misleading.
A piece, entitled Internationals Abducted by Israeli Security Forces is a textbook case in distortion, bias and flat out old-fashioned BS. I will provide an executive summary:
- Tourists overstay their Visa
- Israeli police arrest law-breaking tourists and release them on conditional bail pending deportation (some "abuduction"!)
- Tourists are not beaten, tortured or subject to anything other than due process
- Article written on Indymedia implies heavy-handedness, makes allusions to torture (screams) and suggests covert spy activity for what is ostensibly a simple case of law-breakers who resent being arrested for... Breaking the law.