Sunday, June 05, 2005

 

America going the way of Nazi Germany

Just in case you weren't already convinced that Bush really does equal Hitler and other Indymedia favourites, this article on BC Indymedia explains why The USA Is Going The Way of Nazi Germany.
Why a survivor of the Nazi holocaust is taking his family back to Europe where they would be safe from George W. Bush and his neocons.
Oh really?
So I heard the moving van pull up this morning. When I got home this evening I happened to spy my neighbor (he's like 85 years old
Like no way man!
I don't know exactly, but he's old, talks and moves very slowly) standing on the sidewalk next to the van. I walked over and shook his hand, and we started talking. I asked him where he was moving, and he said, "Back to Germany."

I had been stationed in Germany for two years while in the military, so I lit up, and commented about how beautiful the country was, and inquired if he was going back because he missed it.
The author doesn't specify precisely what he lit up but I have a hunch.
"No," he answered me. "I'm going back because I've seen this before." He then commenced to explain that when he was a kid, he watched with his family in fear as Hitler's government committed atrocity after atrocity, and no one was willing to say anything. He said the news refused to question the government, and the ones who did were not in the newspaper business much longer. He said good neighbors, people he had known all his life, turned against his family and other Jews
Note how carefully worded this is and how entirely likely it is the person wasn't Jewish (and therefore not a "Holocaust survivor", merely an ex-German).
grabbing on to the hate and superiority "as if they were starved for it" (his words).
His words? Sounds like an awful lot of words, carefully transcribed and well documented from a man you met that night in the middle of moving his house. Speaking of which, if the van pulled up that morning, it sure took a long time to move all his stuff! Maybe he had a lot of furniture...
He said he was too old to see it happen right in front of his eyes again, and too old to do anything about it, so he was taking his family back to Europe on Thursday where they would be safe from George W. Bush and his neocons. He seemed resolute, but troubled, nonetheless, as if being too young on one end and too old on the other to fight what he saw happening was wearing on him.

I gotta tell you - it was chilling. I let him talk, and the whole time, my gut was churning, like I had mutated butterflies in my stomach.
Are you sure that wasn't just the munchies?
When he was finished, he shook my hand, gripping it really hard, until his knuckles turned white and he was shaking. He looked me in the eyes, hard, and said, "I will pray for your family and your country." He let go of my hand and hobbled away.
Sorry. I call bullshit on this whole story.

That hasn't stopped the original source getting plenty of links from similarly 'concerned' sites. Survivor of the Holocaust (who has trouble even walking) returning to Germany sure makes a great headline doesn't it?

I do hope the enigmatic 85 year old isn't too disappointed by the massive increase in German violence against foreigners and Nazism when he gets there. Imaginary people can be so fussy these days...

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? .