Friday, March 04, 2005

 

Another Indy Roundup

The last Indy Roundup was so popular, I have put on rubber gloves and travelled the IMC Network to bring you another one.

This chapter's theme: "Damn, I can't believe they published that". Hang on folks, here we gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo......

[cue harp music and swirly picture]
Here we go... Spinning Spiral - Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

First off, from Michigan Indymedia (and published on nearly every other Indymedia site from what I can see):

Tired of always being on the losing side, Democrats decide to become Neocons as well. Older Neocons are confused:
"It was bad enought that Jews and Nazis were simultaneously Neocons, but now Republicans and Democrats at the same time as well? Man, I remember when being a Neocon meant something..."
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Also from Michigan: Victims of Palestinian suicide bombing of Tel-Aviv nightclub were fair targets as "as they would have been of military service age". I can't believe they published that!

From San Diego Indymedia:
Vibrant Activist Grrls Invoking National Attention.
Also known as: V.A.G.I.N.A. No, I'm really not making this up.
Meet fellow radical feminists, check out the resource tables, meet and learn about powerful local organizations
I wonder if VAGINA's are also Neocons?

Via Sydney Indymedia, Faruque Ahmed is mad as hell and not going to take it anymore:
Present you arguments in support of your case, if you have any I may add! Calling names, personal vilifications, etc are the ultimate sign of a soar looser. Should you continue your zio-nazi style, trust me; the gas chamber will haunt you!
Nazism, lousy spelling, harrassment and zero 'news' content (howsoever offensive). Vintage Faruque, but is there actually anything Sydney Indymedia won't publish under the pretext of being a news source?

From Scotland Indymedia. The headline says it is "A story you'll not read in mainstream media". The article itself demonstrates why - Because it's shite.

Meanwhile... New Orleans Indymedia are urging people to run Nazi leader David Duke out of town. Sydney Indymedia extends him a warm welcome.

Buffalo Indymedia publishes a duplicate of the abovementioned "Story you'll not read in mainstream media". I checked. It's still crap.

Via NYC Indymedia, it's Protesters versus Protest-warriors.
WAS @ MALCOLM X PARK AROUND 10:45 DURING THE RALLY IN D.C. WHEN THE BLACK BLOC BEAT THE SHIT OUT OF ONE GUY AS THE COPS LAUGHED HAHA. PROTEST "WARRIORS" BASICALLY STARTED TO CRY. THEY SAID "I THOUGHT THIS WAS A PEACEFUL PROTEST" AND THE BLACK BLOC REPLIED "WHO SAID WE WERE PEACEFUL???" HAHA CLASSIC RIGHT ON! BLACK BLOC TRASHED THEIR SIGNS SUCH AS "IRAQI CHILDREN ARE FREE" AND PICTURES OF CHE GUEVARA. KEEP IT GOING! SMACK THEM AROUND. HIT THEM WITH EGGS TAKE PICS.
Ahhh that wacky peace movement.

Also from NYU, want to start a campus riot? Ban Coca-Cola.

Lastly, from Atlanta Indymedia: Why I Love Shoplifitng from Big Corporations, a movie which argues:
I am surrounded by forces beyond my control or comprehension that obviously are not concerned about my needs or welfare

It is a way to carve out a little piece of the world for myself in a world where everything belongs to someone else, where I am expected to sell away my life at work in order to pay for the bare minimum I need to survive.
...which apparently included an expensive camcorder and Macintosh edit suite.

This would actually be a great short film were it not for the fact plenty will take its message quite seriously. Like these guys.

Thank you, and goodnight. You may now open your eyes, please wash your hands after you leave.

Update: I have added the link to the Sydney article which was previously absent.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? .