Wednesday, August 03, 2005

 

Leaving the Left

I resented Indymedia shortly after it became apparent to me that an organization which was ostensibly pro-peace, against human-rights abuse and racism, simply wan't.

Indymedia had become (or always was) anti-defense, anti-human rights (for some whilst ignoring altogether the abuse of others) and consistently racist, defamatory, antisemitic, you name it.

You don't need to be a 'right-wing death fascist bastard' to notice this.

Keith Thomsen, who has all the credentials of a progressive leftist, has had enough.

I highly recommend his piece Leaving the Left, not as a sneering victory for the right (which helps nobody), but rather an honest introspective from the Left.
I'm leaving the left -- more precisely, the American cultural left and what it has become during our time together.

I choose this day for my departure because I can no longer abide the simpering voices of self-styled progressives -- people who once championed solidarity with oppressed populations everywhere -- reciting all the ways Iraq's democratic experiment might yet implode.
Do read it all.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? .